Schedule an appointment now
Start the road to recovery.
Muscle Strengthening Therapy
At your first appointment, your Physical Therapist will perform a thorough evaluation and develop a personalized rehabilitation treatment program with you that may include Muscle Strengthening Therapy.
What are Strengthening Exercises?
Strengthening exercises are exercises which are designed to increase the strength of specific or groups of muscles. Strengthening exercises overload the muscle until the point of muscle fatigue. This force and overload of a muscle encourages the growth, increasing the strength. Weak muscles can increase the risk of injury to the surrounding joints and soft tissues.
Strengthening exercises will include a variety of exercises designed to target specific groups or individual muscles. These exercises will begin easier and progress as strength is developed. Some of the exercises may involve the following:
- Exercising against gravity
- Exercising against the resistance of water
- Exercising against a resistance band
- Exercising with weight
- Enhances Physical Performance
- Exercising using your own body weight as the load
Benefits of Strengthening Exercises
There are many different benefits of strengthening exercises. Some of the benefits of strengthening exercises are:
- Muscle strength is improved
- Decrease energy expenditure as muscles are more efficient
- Reduced risk of injury
- Improve function
- Improve quality of movement
- Delay onset of arthritic conditions
What Is the First Step?
Start By Scheduling an Evaluation Appointment.
Don't Wait - Get Started Right Now!
Clinical research shows that the sooner you get started with active rehabilitation, the less likely you will need unnecessary tests, medications, or surgery.
At your evaluation appointment, you will meet with a physical therapist who will perform a thorough evaluation that includes:
- A review of your health history and your specific symptoms.
- A thorough examination that includes assessing the quality and quantity of your movements, and any factors that might put you at risk for delayed recovery or might indicate a serious health problem.
- Assessment of how you use your body at work, at home, during sports, and at leisure.
- Determination of the diagnosis and impairments that are causing your pain and establishment of a treatment plan of care.
What Our Clients Say
Personal & caring therapist. They listen & are very helpful. I highly recommend Southeastern Physical Therapy. Excellent help!
Personal & caring therapist. They listen & are very helpful. I highly recommend Southeastern Physical Therapy.