Schedule an appointment now
Start the road to recovery.
Joint Mobilization Therapy
At your first appointment, your Physical Therapist will perform a thorough evaluation and develop a personalized rehabilitation treatment program with you that may include Joint Mobilization Therapy.
WHAT Is Joint Mobilization?
Joint mobilization is the careful use of skilled graded forces to move a joint in a desired direction. Unlike stretching of a muscle joint mobilization is specific to the capsule of the joint itself. Gliding of the joint is usually used to improve motion and normalize joint function. Joint mobilization also has the added benefit of controlling pain. Any joint that is lacking sufficient motion may be mobilized. Joint mobilization on the neck, upper, middle and lower back, and sacroiliac joints, as well as to all of the joints of the extremities such as the shoulder, jaw, wrist, hand, hip, knee, foot and ankle.
Benefits of Joint Mobilization
- Improved joint mobility and range of motion
- Decreased muscle spasms & tension
- Decreased pain
- Increased freedom of movement
What Is the First Step?
Start By Scheduling an Evaluation Appointment.
Don't Wait - Get Started Right Now!
Clinical research shows that the sooner you get started with active rehabilitation, the less likely you will need unnecessary tests, medications, or surgery.
At your evaluation appointment, you will meet with a physical therapist who will perform a thorough evaluation that includes:
- A review of your health history and your specific symptoms.
- A thorough examination that includes assessing the quality and quantity of your movements, and any factors that might put you at risk for delayed recovery or might indicate a serious health problem.
- Assessment of how you use your body at work, at home, during sports, and at leisure.
- Determination of the diagnosis and impairments that are causing your pain and establishment of a treatment plan of care.